Advanced Doppler Weather Radar with Automatic Threat Analysis
- All-digital Garmin radar with volumetric scanning capability automatically adjusts antenna sweep pattern to accurately profile weather cells and provide threat analysis
- Optional predictive windshear technology identifies and alerts pilot to areas where low- level shear conditions may be present
- Advanced surveillance features include lightning and hail prediction, turbulence detection, zero blind range for close-in returns and ground clutter suppression
- High-definition color palette uses up to 4 times more colors than traditional radars to provide more detailed contouring of storm cells, helping pilots easily discern threats
- Ground mapping mode provides a real-time depiction of geographical features to aid in visual navigation
Powerful weather avoidance technology meets work-saving automation in the solid-state, Doppler-enabled GWX 80 radar. It combines excellent range and performance with precision target contouring plus volumetric scanning and automatic threat analysis to give you the most accurate, most robust cockpit technology for storm cell detection and interpretation.
Automatic Threat Analysis
Forget tedious, time-consuming manual adjustments to get the storm cell information you want and need. With the GWX 80 radar’s volumetric autoscan function, the radar automatically performs multiple scan/sweep angles to help you determine the actual size, shape and hazardous storm cell activity. You simply select the range display desired, and the radar is programmed to do the rest. You get more and better detection with less workload. So, you can focus on flying the aircraft while getting detailed, real-time weather information at a glance.